Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat if I'm like everyone else and I'm not comfortable removing a tablespoon of my loved one's ashes or don't know how?
- If you're local to Seattle we suggest you make an appointment and bring the urn or box in person to our office. We will take a small amount of your loved ones ashes and return the rest to the urn or box you bring. What if I don't live in the area? We suggest you ask a great friend or go back to the funeral home and ask them to remove a tablespoon for each memorial. FYI... Most urns unscrew and most boxes have a screw or screws on the bottom. The screws are sometimes under felt circles. This part can be very emotional. We suggest you call us with any questions.
- Your loved one's ashes show up as a thin white foamy layer sealed within forever.
- Your loved ones ashes, sometimes create small bubbles inside your memorial. We nicknamed them "Spirit Bubbles".
- It's dichroic glass. It's the same material used in astronaut’s visors. It's a thin sheet of metal over a thin sheet of glass. The accenting is gold or silver in very low light. The dichroic shows green and blue iridescence when lighting is added. It's especially beautiful on the lighted base or sunlight.
- The hearts are approximately 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches and 14 ounces of solid glass. The orbs are approximately 3 inches across and 14 ounces of solid glass. The Angel Wings are approximately 1 1/4 inches across and 1 ounce of solid glass.
- Yes. Your memorial includes a short inscription - usually on the back or bottom of the piece.
- One tablespoon for each memorial to be created. Please see the creation video on the homepage to see how a sifted tablespoon of ashes are touched by the hot glass. The hot glass picks up about a half a teaspoon of ashes that are sealed within forever. We return unused ashes with your memorial.
- Contact us to have a complete collection package sent to you. We will provide you with a USPS shipping package approved for ashes, including instructions, order form, and a screw-top tin with a collection bag inside. Place a tablespoon of your loved ones ashes in the collection zip lock bag and screw down the lid snug. Ship the complete package USPS Priority Express mail from your post office. Special required shipping service will cost $25.40. For Canadian clients, we recommend returning your package "Expedited Parcel" for approximately $23.00. We will contact you when the package arrives, typically the next day. We will return your beautiful memorial by USPS Priority Express mail, which requires a signature. We understand it can be very difficult to take a small amount of your loved ones ashes. If you're in the Seattle area, We will arrange doing this for you. Just let us know.
- Within a Safe. Each production run is kept within a bin and each metal tin is wrapped within your order form.
- Orders are completed and delivered to the customer within approximately 4 weeks.
- You can send a check or money order when you return your collection package or pay by credit card when we notify you your loved ones ashes have arrived. Please let us know in the notes box on the order form, the best way to contact you when your ashes arrive safely.
- All memorials have pre-set ID marks stamped for perfect identification. The memorials for clients that are there to view in person will be assigned letters. All others will be assigned numbers. Please click here to view our memorial identification and production procedures.
We realize this is a sensitive decision to allow us to make a remembrance glass art piece for you. Please contact us with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.